Sweet Nothings with Aoife - Take a Virtual Tour of Dublin with Me
Logged in with membership account. Loading...
A fan requested I do a Sweet Nothings as Aoife...
Now you know yourself, Aoife's a bit of an auld spark plug so. But I think I was able to tone her down a bit for this. I thought it might be gas to go on a virtual walking tour of Dublin...so if you know the Fair City, I hope you'll follow along, and if you don't know it, just listen and...well, follow along :P
Here are links to some videos of the spots I mention, if you're curious like :P
Other audios in Sweet Nothings
- Sweet Nothings - Be Patient, You Will Find the Sex and Love You Want
- Sweet Nothings - For the Lonely
- Sweet Nothings - Let's Fall Asleep
- Sweet Nothings - You're Stressed? I'll Massage You
- Sweet Nothings - A Touching Cuddle
- Sweet Nothings - I Need You
- Sweet Nothings - A Leap Day Love-In
- Sweet Nothings - Wake Up, Sleepyhead
- Sweet Nothings - Mo Anam Cara (my soul friend in Irish)
- Sweet Nothings - It's Okay To Be Shy, I'm Shy Too
- Sweet Nothings - Move Over I'm Stealing Your Warmth (Warmpire)
- Sweet Nothings - Forget the World
- Sweet Nothings - A Real Yawner...
- Sweet Nothings - Lonely Hearts
- Sweet Nothings - For Depression (You've Got a Friend)
- Sweet Nothings - Snuggle For a Rainy Night
- Sweet Nothings - I Missed You
- Sweet Nothings - A Sleepy Cuddle
- Sweet Nothings - Sleepy Silliness
- Sweet Nothings - You're Not Alone
- Sweet Nothings - I Have a Dream
- Sweet Nothings - Optional Day
- Sweet Nothings - Comfort for a Bad Dream
- Sweet Nothings - Insomnia Silliness (in various accents)
- Sweet Nothings - It's My Birthday
- Sweet Nothings - Snuggle Time
- Sweet Nothings - Waiting on the world to change
- Sweet Nothings - Still Awake?
- Sweet Nothings - Blanket Fort
- Sweet Nothings - Be Here (a meditation)
- Sweet Nothings - Perfectly Imperfect
- Sweet Nothings - Comfort for Anxiety
- Sweet Nothings: Be You
- Sweet Nothings: Bitten by Buttercup (it's a metaphor too)
- Sweet Nothings: You're Crazy! (for thinking you're unworthy)
- Sweet Nothings: Holding Pattern
- Sweet Nothings - Drifting Off
- Sweet Nothings - A Sunday Sleep-In
- Sweet Nothings: Daytime Nap
- Sweet Nothings - Quiet Snuggles
- Sweet Nothings - Feet Out! Helping You Drift Off
- Sweet Nothings - Help Settle My Nerves!
- Sweet Nothings - 51%
- Sweet Nothings - Trying Too Hard
- Sweet Nothings - Valentine's Day Snuggle
- Sweet Nothings - Self-Isolate with Me (thoughts for comfort and things to consider)
- Sweet Nothings - Hiding Under the Duvet Together
- Sweet Nothings - Quiet Your Mind
- Sweet Nothings - Burnout
- Sweet Nothings with Aoife - Take a Virtual Tour of Dublin with Me ←
- Sweet Nothings - Spoon With Me
- Sweet Nothings - Do Nothing Day
- Sweet Nothings - It's Ok Not to Be Okay
You must be logged in with a commenting account to post comments. Log in with a commenting account or register a commenting account if you don't have one. This is not the same as a Membership account.
AngusGibson on 2021-01-09 07:15:55 (UTC)
Aoife says, "Don't ask me the name of the street," because Dublin doesn't BELIEVE in street signs! Hahaha! They're hard to find, in my opinions! I'm loving this so much! I'm picturing Aoife lying next to me as a small spoon. The back of her hand is on the palm of the hand I have wrapped around her with her fingers locked in mine. As she points out places in our imagination, she points it out with our interlocked hands. Occasionally she turns toward me to watch my expressions as she describes what she sees. As she gets more settled into her story, she sinks further into our cuddle, and pulls our locked hands to her chest. Eventually, I gaze at her as she loses herself in describing what Dublin means to her. And in that moment, I love Ireland as much as she does. I want to make my home there with her. Then she turns around toward me, and talks about the trips we could take. She sweetly gives me words of support as we fall asleep together.
A Eve on 2021-01-13 20:17:02 (UTC)
That's such a lovely image, thank you so much for suggesting this. (And you're so right about Dublin and the street names!)
CharlieRomeoLima on 2021-01-09 02:43:58 (UTC)
Fair City, possible reference to the RTE soap? I watched an episode last summer & it was neat they had the pandemic in the storyline with masked cast members in a SPAR store. Also some Ros na Rún & it was instructional to hear people giving out as Gaeilge, because you'll never learn that on Duolingo.
I've virtually wandered down some Dublin streets on Google Maps and I've seen the contrast between the old Georgian brick architecture and the modern glass and steel exemplified by the Convention Centre, Silicon Docks, & the Spire monument. And then I saw the oft-vandalized Luke Kelly Head Statue & I don't quite know where to place THAT. 😆
I've heard of the reputation of D4 as the most posh district, and the south side is graced by the lovely Molly Malone, but I think the North side is cooler because it has Phoenix Park, the Botanic Gardens, Croke Park, and most important, the IKEA. 😜
Thanks for the tour Aoife, I had a grand aul time within that 5km travel limit.
A Eve on 2021-01-13 20:17:50 (UTC)
🏆 New Comment Trophy Category - Best Knowledge of What's Going in Ireland from Someone Who Doesn't Live Here!
You're more well informed than half the Irish people I know! xx
CharlieRomeoLima on 2021-01-14 00:50:10 (UTC)
Thank you, Eve, for the Trophy! 🙌 And that's high praise since the Irish people appearing on my timeline come across as well-educated and very savvy about local & national events. But then again half of them are probably journalists/media professionals in some capacity. :P I also noticed that Ireland has a lot of social media influencers per capita; I see this as a shared trait between our nations - both punch above their weight on the world stage!
A Eve on 2021-01-18 16:25:26 (UTC)
that's certainly true - both countries are disproportionately talented too!