Sweet Nothings: Bitten by Buttercup (it's a metaphor too)
Logged in with membership account. Loading...
This is a Sweet Nothings from a few months ago, when one of the horses I used to visit on my bike rides (I called him Buttercup) actually bit me while I was feeding him oats. I know. Ouch.
I thought it was kind of an apt metaphor for life, too. Sometimes we get bitten, even when we're trying to be helpful or kind. ❤️
Other audios in Sweet Nothings
- Sweet Nothings - Be Patient, You Will Find the Sex and Love You Want
- Sweet Nothings - For the Lonely
- Sweet Nothings - Let's Fall Asleep
- Sweet Nothings - You're Stressed? I'll Massage You
- Sweet Nothings - A Touching Cuddle
- Sweet Nothings - I Need You
- Sweet Nothings - A Leap Day Love-In
- Sweet Nothings - Wake Up, Sleepyhead
- Sweet Nothings - Mo Anam Cara (my soul friend in Irish)
- Sweet Nothings - It's Okay To Be Shy, I'm Shy Too
- Sweet Nothings - Move Over I'm Stealing Your Warmth (Warmpire)
- Sweet Nothings - Forget the World
- Sweet Nothings - A Real Yawner...
- Sweet Nothings - Lonely Hearts
- Sweet Nothings - For Depression (You've Got a Friend)
- Sweet Nothings - Snuggle For a Rainy Night
- Sweet Nothings - I Missed You
- Sweet Nothings - A Sleepy Cuddle
- Sweet Nothings - Sleepy Silliness
- Sweet Nothings - You're Not Alone
- Sweet Nothings - I Have a Dream
- Sweet Nothings - Optional Day
- Sweet Nothings - Comfort for a Bad Dream
- Sweet Nothings - Insomnia Silliness (in various accents)
- Sweet Nothings - It's My Birthday
- Sweet Nothings - Snuggle Time
- Sweet Nothings - Waiting on the world to change
- Sweet Nothings - Still Awake?
- Sweet Nothings - Blanket Fort
- Sweet Nothings - Be Here (a meditation)
- Sweet Nothings - Perfectly Imperfect
- Sweet Nothings - Comfort for Anxiety
- Sweet Nothings: Be You
- Sweet Nothings: Bitten by Buttercup (it's a metaphor too) ←
- Sweet Nothings: You're Crazy! (for thinking you're unworthy)
- Sweet Nothings: Holding Pattern
- Sweet Nothings - Drifting Off
- Sweet Nothings - A Sunday Sleep-In
- Sweet Nothings: Daytime Nap
- Sweet Nothings - Quiet Snuggles
- Sweet Nothings - Feet Out! Helping You Drift Off
- Sweet Nothings - Help Settle My Nerves!
- Sweet Nothings - 51%
- Sweet Nothings - Trying Too Hard
- Sweet Nothings - Valentine's Day Snuggle
- Sweet Nothings - Self-Isolate with Me (thoughts for comfort and things to consider)
- Sweet Nothings - Hiding Under the Duvet Together
- Sweet Nothings - Quiet Your Mind
- Sweet Nothings - Burnout
- Sweet Nothings with Aoife - Take a Virtual Tour of Dublin with Me
- Sweet Nothings - Spoon With Me
- Sweet Nothings - Do Nothing Day
- Sweet Nothings - It's Ok Not to Be Okay
You must be logged in with a commenting account to post comments. Log in with a commenting account or register a commenting account if you don't have one. This is not the same as a Membership account.
Lonelyandhurting on 2019-01-07 01:50:35 (UTC)
I did not know that you do cycling. I do too. I love your audios. They help me to calm down and forget my lonlyness for a little while. You are awesome.
A Eve on 2019-01-08 16:23:29 (UTC) (edited)
Thank you so much! I love cycling (and swimming), I find it really helps with my mood. I've suffered from depression since I was 15, but the endorphins from exercise really helps.
CharlieRomeoLima on 2018-05-15 03:22:57 (UTC)
In my sales background I've learned that, at rare times, the toughest, snappiest customers have the potential to be some of the most rewarding when it comes time to closing a sale, especially if they are aware they are tough and you rose to meet their lofty expectations of customer service.
I just wanted to thank you for taking your own advice on this metaphor. By unapologetically putting your beautiful self out there you risk the barbs and stings from disagreeable types, and yet so many of us have actualized real benefits in our lives as a result of you simply doing what you love. Thank you again for continuing to care and for your staunch conviction in the basic goodness of men.
A Eve on 2018-07-21 10:32:36 (UTC)
I will always believe that, it's such a core value of mine that I think it will always come through in what I do. ❤️
SamuelXD on 2018-05-14 16:40:15 (UTC)
Honestly, I've never heard of this metaphor. I'm more familiar with no matter how much you try to help people, you will get burned, yet I feel it's in the line of getting bitten. It's happened to me before, which is why I've had trouble trusting people for a long time. It's been getting better though.
A Eve on 2018-07-21 10:31:50 (UTC)
I hope it continues to get better, I know how hard it can be to trust ❤️
joetinla on 2018-05-14 13:30:29 (UTC) (edited)
Good morning Miss Eve, I just wanted to say that I'm pretty familiar with the metaphor of getting bitten it's happened to me so many times in my life that I've lost count, but you're absolutely right you got to get up dust yourself off and keep doing it. Also I've had a pretty trying couple of weeks lately so yesterday I took the liberty of having a Sweet Nothings marathon it was the best thing I could have done thank you for everything you do.
A Eve on 2018-07-21 10:31:23 (UTC)
You're very welcome, Tinla! 😘
Comfortable on 2018-05-13 15:27:06 (UTC)
Great audio Eve. I like the metaphor of this episode, I had a similar horse situation with my pet chicken when I was quite young, but grew to rebuild the trust and I think that's something I could do for other aspects of my life. In any event, these sweet nothings audios always manage to help me clear my head and get to sleep.
A Eve on 2018-07-21 10:30:57 (UTC)
I'm so glad to hear that, thank you! 😘